Share the joy of reading
with a needy child.
Operation Wish Book places books in the hands of needy children. Owning a book promotes literacy, expands the mind and creates the joy of meeting new characters and visiting new times and places.
Operation Wish Book is:
- Based in communities throughout Idaho.
- An all volunteer project.
Operation Wish Book:
- Collects new children's books and cash donations to buy books.
- Partners with schools, businesses and community organizations.
- Distributes books through the Salvation Army and other charities.
- Collects books through November and distributes them in December.
Since its inception as part of the Idaho Literacy Project in 1989, Operation Wish Book has collected and distributed well over 390,000 books. Through our sponsors, the International Reading Association and its Idaho Council we are a 501c3 charity. The Boise Schools Foundation (also 501c3) accepts contributions on our behalf.
Thank you for sharing.